How to transfer Microsoft Office 365 to new computer with Windows 11 or Windows 10
Got a new computer and want to transfer your Office 365 to it? This tutorial will show you how.
We’ll learn how to copy your Office 365 from one computer to another, including Outlook (with your emails and accounts), Word, Excel, Power Point and other Office components – and along with all other programs you may need transferred.
The transfer includes all software, settings and files, including documents, emails, accounts, presentations, spreadsheets, PSTs and all other data. In fact, you can also transfer other programs and files as well, not just Office, and they will all function just as on the old machine.
Using this method of transfer, you can even automatically transfer Office license and serial numbers as you have them on the old computer. Of course, Office will still validate your license after the transfer, and you should have a proper legal license to pass that validation. However, this means that if you do have a valid legal license, you can transfer even if you do not have the installation disks or don’t remember your serial number!
How to transfer Office 365 from one computer to another
- Download Zinstall WinWin on both computers.
Note: You can get WinWin here, and its user guide here.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the old computer.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the new computer.
- You don’t need to do any configurations for the computers to connect – it’s automatic.
- If the computers are already connect to same router, same Internet connection, or same wireless connection, you don’t need anything else.
- If the computers are not connected at all, connect them with a network / Ethernet cable.
- If you’d like to select which applications and files you want to transfer, press the Advanced menu. If you just want to transfer everything, you don’t need to go to the Advanced menu. Office software and files will be transferred automatically.
- Press “Go” on the new computer to start the transfer
- The transfer will take a while (depending on how much data you have to transfer), and report to you when done.
That’s it! You now have your Office 365, with all of your data and other programs, on your new computer.
Ready to transfer your Office 365, programs and files?
Get Zinstall WinWin here!
Video tutorial – how to transfer Microsoft Office 365 to a new computer